Core Systems Application Administrator
Do you have a passion for assisting other departments and leadership in the development and implementation of data quality standards? How about assisting in maintaining system security, data analysis, analytics, and reporting?
We are looking for dynamic, extraordinary people with a passion to provide outstanding service and financial solutions to our members and fellow employees. If you enjoy working in the financial industry, offering problem-solving solutions while building relationships that create long-lasting connections, this may be the job for you!
This position reports directly to our AVP of Information Systems, and the schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm. It requires two on-site workdays each week at our northwest Austin headquarters office, plus occasional, additional on-site training, and events.
Our client is committed to upholding our mission of providing our community personalized service and unique value as their local banking alternative. We take pride in our work culture, exemplify our core values daily, and stand by the credit union philosophy of People Helping People to continue to drive our vision of making a positive impact on our members and their financial goals.
What you will do:
The System Support Administrator II will be responsible for all day-to-day functions of maintaining the credit union’s core financial systems and their batch processing, internal controls for the applications, application maintenance, and application security. Assists in implementing and maintaining all 3rd party interfaces to the primary core databases. This position will further assist departments and leadership in the development and implementation of data quality standards, system security, and any requirements related to data analysis, analytics, and reporting.
- Three years of information technology experience and/or credit union related in a financial institution.
- High school diploma or equivalent along with additional education in computers from vocational, private, self-paced, or similar sources. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field is a plus.
- Working knowledge of financial institution core systems and 3rd party integrated software, such as Online Banking, Loan and Account Origination.
- Ability to perform core systems and 3rd party software administration, including troubleshooting, software installation, and upgrades.
- Knowledge of financial institution core system batch processing, preferably using an automation system.
- Knowledge of computers and specific knowledge about the programming, operation, and maintenance of computers.
- Knowledge of relational database theory, query language protocols and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal team-based communication skills.
- Ability to learn and understand business processes related to software application use, internal controls, security, and technology.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to analyze and diagnose systems related problems and issues in industry specific applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills including the ability to prioritize responsibilities and organize work tasks.
- Ownership of the customer experience through issue resolution.
- Adaptable to a productive team environment where knowledge is shared and feedback and coaching are welcomed.